Looking for an Internship?
You can find and internship multiple ways:
- Check out BruinView (Career Center)
- Visit MYUCLA's Internship Database link (Center for Community Learning's database of Community Partners)
- State and National Internships: UC Center Sacramento and UCLA CAPPP Quarter in Washington D.C.
- Online Resources: Idealist.org; internshipprograms.com; Internships.com; losangelesinternships.com
- Department & Personal contacts
The Department of Labor and State of California
require students who intern at a for-profit company to either be paid or receive academic credit for the internship.
If your company requires Verification of Academic Credit, click HERE
for instructions. NOTE: Students are required to find and secure their own internships before scheduling their first intake appointment with an intake coordinator at the Center for Community Learning. To be eligible for 195CE credit, internships must involve challenging college-level work and must take place at a supervised off-campus workplace (no telecommuting or home offices). Internships may be paid or unpaid, but positions that would be classified strictly as part-time or full-time jobs by the Department of Labor (including most retail and commission-based sales positions) are NOT eligible for credit.