Apply to the Minor
The fall quarter application deadline is Friday, October 20, 2017.
Prospective applicants MUST
attend an Entrepreneurship Minor information session with advisor Janel Munguia via UCLA Message Center
on one of the following dates before submitting an application. Because students are only afforded ONE opportunity to apply for the minor, it is important to attend an information session to learn when you should apply and what makes a strong application.
- Tuesday, October 10, 5 pm in 203 Covel Commons, Startup UCLA and Blackstone Launchpad
- Wednesday, October 11, 3:30 pm in The Alper Room, Bunche 2265, Department of Economics
- Monday, October 16, 2:30 pm in The Alper room, Bunche 2265, Department of Economics
- Tuesday, October 17, 3 pm in 193 Humanities Building, Department of English
Janel will also be available for questions about the minor at the following events listed below (please note these events DO NOT constitute information sessions):
- UEI Open House, Wednesday, September 27, 3 to 4pm in A-316 Murphy Hall
- Major Blast, Wednesday, October 18, from 7 to 9:00 pm in Pauley Pavilion
To apply for the minor, students must:
- Have an overall grade-point average of 3.0 or better.
- Have completed 3 to 5 upper division courses at UCLA.
- Submit an unofficial UCLA transcript (available to order via MyUCLA).
- Submit a current one-page resume, properly formatted. (A sample resume is provided once you access the on-line application, or attend a UCLA Career Center Resume Workshop or Resume Day event
- Complete a 500-word or less application essay describing how the minor enhances their major and career goals
- Complete the application to the minor. (The application opens when you click the link below. Be sure to have your current resume and essay in Word or pdf format, and electronic unofficial transcript ready to upload before you begin the on-line application.)
to complete the Entrepreneurship Minor application.
Please DO NOT
submit multiple applications. Only COMPLETE
applications will be considered. It is unacceptable to submit an application or resume that indicates you have already been accepted into the Minor in Entrepreneurship. (Would you submit a resume to a prospective employer indicating that you have already held the same position at the company to which you are applying?)