Students who are interested in applying to the Community Engagement and Social Change Minor are encouraged to meet with Dr. Doug Barrera, Associate Director, to discuss their interest in the minor.  Students are also encouraged to meet the Academic Counselor for the Community Engagement and Social Change, Erika Villanueva, to discuss their intended program plan for the minor.

To apply for the minor, you must:

  • have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or better;
  • submit a one-page, single-spaced written statement describing how civic engagement relates to your academic interests or career goals;
  • discuss your interest in the Commmunity Engagement and Social Change Minor with a UCLA faculty member and receive their endorsement; and
  • submit a completed application for admission along with the above documentation to the Center for Community Learning (A265 Murphy Hall).

Applications are accepted year-round.