What is the FEC?
The Faculty Executive Committee (FEC) is elected by the faculty and conducts the governance of the College. In particular, the FEC:
- Provides general oversight of the academic programs in the College
- Serves as an advisory body on matters concerning the welfare of students in the College.
- Reviews and approves requirements for College majors, minors, honors programs, and other curricular requirements of the College.
- Reviews and proposes changes to College regulations.
- Consults with concerned faculty members and members of the administration and makes recommendations to the Deans based on established Senate policies about the College's allocation of educational resources, academic priorities, and planning and budget issues.
Who we are
FEC members are elected for two-year terms. The Chair and Vice-Chair are elected by all faculty in the College. One member is elected by each of the following eleven academic units:
|Group I:||English; Applied Linguistics; Comparative Literature; Gender Studies|
|Group II:||Art History; Classics; Asian Languages and Cultures; Linguistics; Musicology|
|Group III:||French and Francophone Studies; Germanic Languages; Italian; Near Eastern Languages and Cultures; Slavic Languages and Literatures; Spanish & Portuguese|
|Group IV:||Integrative Biology & Physiology; Psychology|
|Group V:||Ecology and Evolutionary Biology; Microbiology, Immunology & Molecular Genetics; Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology|
|Group VI:||Mathematics; Philosophy; Society and Genetics; Statistics|
|Group VII:||Chemistry & Biochemistry; Earth & Space Sciences; Institute of the Environment and Sustainability|
|Group VIII: ||Aerospace Studies; Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences; Military Sciences; Naval Sciences; Physics & Astronomy|
|Group IX:||Asian American Studies; Chicana and Chicano Studies; History; Communication Studies|
|Group X:||Economics; Political Science|
|Group XI:||Anthropology; Geography; Sociology|
The Deans and Vice Provost of Undergraduate Education serve as ex officio members of the FEC. The Undergraduate Student Association (USA) and the Graduate Student Association (GSA) each appoint representatives to the FEC. Although these members do not formally vote, they participate fully in the discussions, providing valuable input into matters pending before the Committee.